The Just-in-Time: Lean Operating Principles and Techniques is an instructor-led course developed for professionals who already have experience in production and inventory management. The JIT course enables manufacturing, service, and retail organizations to eliminate waste, reduce lead times, and utilize resources more efficiently. The course focuses on cycle-time, kanban, demand-pull, and order-push techniques to reduce inventory in any organization’s supply chain.
- Examine methods for authorizing build and move of material
- Discuss the effect of JIT on supplier and customer relationships
- Learn the philosophies of lean manufacturing, kanban, and set-up time reduction.
- Introduction to JIT Concepts
- Continuous Improvement Methodologies and Techniques
- Statistical Process Control and Pull Signals
- Production Considerations and Material Logistics
- Planning and Scheduling and Paperwork/Transaction Reduction
- Human Resource Development and Involvement
- Integrating and Applying Different Techniques to Business Processes
- Implementation Considerations