The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) program provides you with the ability to understand and evaluate production and inventory activities within a company’s global operations. Since 1973, the CPIM program has educated more than 107,000 manufacturing professionals on essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to demand management, procurement and supplier planning, material requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, sales and operations planning, master scheduling, performance measurements, supplier relationships, quality control, and continuous improvement.
APICS CPIM education is essential if you are involved in:
- Production and inventory management
- Supply chain management
- Materials management
An APICS CPIM designation will help you:
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Maximize ROI on the systems and technologies within your organization
- Master the tools you need to effectively manage global supply chain activities
- Gain knowledge to apply principles ERP software to cover various critical functions within your organization
- Earn customer satisfaction by delivering Lean/Just-in-Time products and services
- Enhance your credibility within your organization
- Create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate-wide communication.
In 2017, APICS streamlined the CPIM certification program to better serve the needs of the supply chain workforce. It is now divided into only two sections and two exams. The content is the same, but it’s organized so you can obtain your certification quicker and more efficiently.
- Part 1:
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Part 2:
- Strategic Management of Resources
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
Please see our calendar for upcoming CPIM courses or contact Wayne Collins, VP of Education Administration, at email@example.com or 512.515.5915.