Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
The Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) program is a new industry educational and certification program created to meet the rapidly changing needs of the supply chain management field.
From the manufacturing to the service industry, regardless of whether a company is serving business or consumer markets or is for profit or not-for-profit, the increasingly important role of supply chain management is affecting all organizations. Customers already expect good quality at low prices, and speed of delivery is becoming more important. As a result, effective supply chain management has become essential to successfully compete in today's global marketplace.
The CSCP program takes a broad view of the field, extending beyond internal operations to encompass all the steps throughout the supply chain—from the supplier, through the company, to the end consumer—and provides you with the knowledge to effectively manage the integration of these activities to maximize a company's value chain.
Benefits of the CSCP Program
After earning your CSCP designation, you will:
- Learn to boost productivity, collaboration, and innovation
- Discover how to positively affect lead times, inventory, productivity, and bottom-line profitability
- Understand how to manage the integration and coordination of activities to achieve reduced costs and increase efficiencies and customer service
- Gain the knowledge to effectively and efficiently manage worldwide supply chain activities
- Achieve greater confidence and peer and industry recognition
- Enjoy the potential for career advancement and increased earnings
Who should pursue the CSCP education and designation?
The CSCP program is for professionals in operations and supply chain management. This designation is ideal for you if you are:
- Interested in more depth of knowledge and understanding in the areas of supplier and customer relations, international trade, the use of information technology to enable the supply chain, and physical logistics.
- A professional who is consulting or teaching supply chain functions
- Working with enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems.
The CSCP program will help you advance your career while giving you the foundation to improve your company's competitive position and profitability.
The CSCP body of knowledge is made up of the following four domains:
- Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Building Competitive Operations, Planning, and Logistics
- Managing Customer and Supplier Relationships
- Using Information Technology to Enable Supply Chain Management