APICS Austin periodically offers specialized classes in the following areas. Scheduling and intervals are usually based off demand and input from members. If you'd like to request more information or get in touch with an instructor, please shoot an email to email@example.com. Classes are offered periodically throughout the year. Classes provide a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas with peers. Some classes are held twice a week or on weekends. Also please note classes typically skip holidays.
- Fundamentals of Inventory Control
- Fundamentals of Planning
- Fundamentals of Manufacturing Controls
- Fundamentals of Operations Management
Inventory Control Workshop Series
- Basics of Inventory Management
- Cycle Counting
- Distribution Inventory Management
- MRP & BOM
- Physical Inventory
Lean Manufacturing Workshop Series
One of the newer course offerings by APICS chapters. More information will be posted when it becomes available.
Application Education Courses
Theory of Constraints: Concepts & Principles Workshop Series
- Constraints Management Overview
- Performance Measures
- Critical Chain Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Thinking Processes
Employers who encourage and support their employees in obtaining their CPIM and CSCP designations:
- Enjoy a skilled workforce that is better prepared, more knowledgeable, more capable, more productive, and able to contribute to a successful bottom line
- Validate the knowledge and skill set of their employees leading to productivity improvement in the workplace
- Achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace through a highly trained, confident, and productive workforce.
The APICS Austin Chapter offers on-site training in a variety of formats. Classes can be scheduled during work or after hours, on weekend or weekdays. Students enjoy the co-worker involvement plus students can work with each other on course teachings. In addition, on-site paper and pencil testing can be arranged after course completion.